New Problem

alright i booted only with the memory and vid card connected and still got the same problem....should i switch out my vid card for my older one and see if it boots from that?

alright i booted only with the memory and vid card connected and still got the same problem....should i switch out my vid card for my older one and see if it boots from that?

yeah try that, if you have a stick of ram from something else try that too. what board/ram/cpu are you using? i have a hunch...

amd x2 5000+ Black Edition 2.6 ghz Abit kn9 sli mobo and OCZ platinum pc2-6400 800 mhz RAM and swapping the vid card and reseating/1 sticking the RAM did nothing as well sme exact error

Still, no beeps with just the basics?

You have another PSU to try? Something just isn't adding up. It was working fine before using the Seagate software, now nothing. . .

no beeps...and yeah right after the restart after the software installation...that's why i am definitely brigning this up to seagate Cust. supp. but it is very weird I honestly think it has something to do with the software to be honest I may not know much when it comes to the people on these forums but I still think that the software is to blame...I have a feeling that if I make the drive(the one with the software installed on it) a slave to my sisters computer and uninstall the software it will be fine. I am not however willing to go that far yet so I will wait until I reach Customer Support.

Well i talked to their customer support and they aid it is a coincidence that my computer stopped working after it restarted from the software install and that my computers setup is at fault and not their software or drive meanwhile u have this: "Exactly the same thing happened to me and I now know it's the Seagate disk.

I also replaced the power supply (now 700W) and tried various combinations of two Seagate SATA disks and the two connectors of a PCI Sata card. Eventually I got the system to work using only one Seagate disk and plugged the other one in whilst the computer was running. Approximately 5 seconds after plugging in this disk the computer shut down and did that on/off cycling thing that you refer to.

I assume the hard disk is now wrecked but I can't test it as the computer won't stay running with it connected.

Any suggestions anyone?"

ooh guys i took my old computer hooked up my old hard drive(the one I was using with the new computer that i iinstalled the software onto and booted up. This computer works fine...

Well, it seems that you now have a nice Seagate boat anchor. Call them up again and explain what happens when the drive is attached. Or, you can just go through their warranty service online. They should issue you a RMA to have it replaced.

Back
Top Bottom