very slow puter

thank you cryman i will google it to see if i can get it and run it. on a slightly seperate issue can anyone advise if i could reformat my hd and then use this disk to put xp back on is it likely that this would have xp on it for £2.50

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190185618733

incidentally i have had a prog from him before adobe elements 6 and it worked fine, so no probs there, i am not sure whether this means what i think it means, sorry if that sounds a bit dopey, but i am where computers are concerned

no,no and noo. i think ive seen somthing like that before .i think its pretty pointless all it does is tells you to put in the xp cd after booting that disk.or somthing like that sorry if im wrong thoe

Have you tried a disc clean up yet?(DEFRAGMENT YOUR DRIVE).
Goto Accessories then System tools, the select Disc defragment.
A complete reformat is the only true way if its still sluggish as Dude_se mentioned, also try running spybot.

theres lots of defragment tools and registry cleaners in the link that i gave him, if he downloaded that he will proberly do a defrag

You can get these from www.filehippo.com >>>
Adaware SE
Spybot search & distroy
CCleaner
HiJackThis

This reg cleaner is the best I've seen in a good while >>>
www.wise.com
Don't get the disk cleaner. It's not user friendly.

When you get the first group of programs, updated them first thing. Then go to safe mode and run them. The reg cleaner can be run from safe mode also.
It's best to run them all a second or third time as some tools won't get all of the bad stuff in just one pass.
You can also run the internet tools from the IE tools list in safe mode. Then run the built in disk cleaner and defrag.
Boot back to normal mode and see if that helps.
Quick question. Do you have a firewall and antivirus on that system?

theres lots of defragment tools and registry cleaners in the link that i gave him, if he downloaded that he will proberly do a defrag

Why download one when Windows has its own?, Ccleaner is fine I agree but personal preference I like Disk-keeper pro or Tuneup Utilities Pro

Back
Top Bottom