gaming help (video cards)

sweet, sweet, thanks

I have more questions...
??? INTEL CORE 2 DUO @ 3 GHZ 4MB L2 CACHE
ORINTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 @ 2.4 GHZ 8MB LS CACHE... is the GHZ that important??

also i am leaning towards Intel.. however I have seen AMD Quad core.. any suggestions?

ps. I have been custom building numerous system and it seem as if my total continually reaches $$ 1,550 :(... i wil be posting the specs later.. maybe you guys can let me know what goes good with what.. etc...

Thanks, very exciting! bear with me!

sweet, sweet, thanks

I have more questions...
??? INTEL CORE 2 DUO @ 3 GHZ 4MB L2 CACHE
ORINTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 @ 2.4 GHZ 8MB LS CACHE... is the GHZ that important??

also i am leaning towards Intel.. however I have seen AMD Quad core.. any suggestions?

ps. I have been custom building numerous system and it seem as if my total continually reaches $$ 1,550 :(... i wil be posting the specs later.. maybe you guys can let me know what goes good with what.. etc...

Thanks, very exciting! bear with me!

what model is the first one there?

and i would say the q6600 is better

well think about what the processor is. Duo means 2 and Quad means 4. So even if the quad's ghz is lower you need to think that is per processor. It can handle a lot more than the Duo.

thanks, yeah well ive seem to come up with a duplication over custom building multiple times... here it is.

Case ( [New !!!] Nzxt Alpha Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
Power Supply ( 800 Watt -- Power Supply Quad SLI Ready )
Processor ( [=== Quad Core ===] Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (4x 2.4GHz/8MB L2 Cache/1066FSB) )
Processor Cooling ( [=== Silent ===] Extreme-Performance INTEL CPU Cooling Fan System Kit Silent & Overclocking Proof = Maximum cooling efficiency for quietness and performance )
Motherboard ( Asus P5N-E SLI nForce® 650i SLI Chipset w/6-channel CODEC, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 4096MB [1024MB X4] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )
CD/DVD Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Beige )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2 )

any suggestion.. compatibility issues?:(

also.. does an AMD go with crossfire... and an Intel go with SLI ... what is the relationship???

dont get the 8800 gts with 640mb of ram , you need to get the G92 one with 512mb ram, its the newer model , and i got one the other day its its the size of my size 12 foot, ITS HUGE

its the newer version , the g92 is a diffrent core, the 640mb has g80 which is not as good, and some of the 8800GT are faster then the 640 gts , so nvidia remade the 8800 gts with the new G92 clock- and therefore is faster then the GT and the 640GTS

Back
Top Bottom