Installing a car audio system..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Does anyone know anything about car audio systems in the UK?

I want to buy a new head unit, and some 6x9's for now, but im worried about different types of connections and stuff, like, can I buy some that are not compatible?

Also, if i buy just a head unit and 6x9's, will that be loud enough for now, or should i consider an amplifier and a sub maybe?

All I really want is a little more bass than those crappy standard peugeot ones, and a bit more loud and clear sound, but i dont know where to start and im getting confused..

Please help..

James

ill help ya out, is there a place in UK that you know of to buy car stereo equipment online so i can look on there and get stuff that you are available to

Scrap the 6x9's....they are crap. Get a separate box and like 10's or 12's.

If all you want is more bass, perhaps you might want to get a bass tube, or one of those under the seat powered subwoofers.

Scrap the 6x9's....they are crap. Get a separate box and like 10's or 12's.

If all you want is more bass, perhaps you might want to get a bass tube, or one of those under the seat powered subwoofers.

just adding 12's isnt going to clear up the sound, he needs new aftermarket 6x9's to get clear sound, and im guessing he doesnt want his car mirrors to fall off when he turns up the sound, he probably just wants nice tight sound, i have one 10" getting 75rms from an alpine amp and couldnt be happier with the sound, i also have alpine door speakers for crisp clear mid's and high's

just adding subs will muddy up the sound

if you add a sub your not gonna get cleaner bass because of rattle, unless you have a good amount of deatener or its a weak sub, i'd say just get some 6x9's and hook them up to the deck, make sure there 3 or 4way though

hey, well i know about car audio, i was big into it before computers, i got a 4000watt system in my car =D

Back
Top Bottom