gaming help (video cards)

Sal!ent

Baseband Member
I have actually been browsing some possible options on building a gaming system.. I have'nt made any commitments to a particular one over another.
I wanted to find out if it would be more beneficial of having 2 nVidia 8500's or 1 nVidia 8800, I understand that the "SLI mode etc., is taken into effect with having 2, however which wins?

rather get a nvida 8800(get the 8800GT if you are on budget, NEVER get the old 8800GTS*only the new g92 one*)
sli if you have high end cards. its a waste to get 2 low end cards such as the 8500GT because sli doesnt double peformance(30-40ish)

well the 1 8800 will actualy be 2 times better, even though its only 1 compared to 2, the 3d mark score difference is 2000 to 4000

thanks, I had been leaning towards the 88.. now i've got to try to decide on the other million specs for it... my budget looks as if it may be around the $13 hundo mark ! :(... would liek to get a intel due core or quad core, at least 2 gigs of ram...the nVidia 88 gts.. as for processors have'nt quite decided yet... pretty much scrolling down the list of possible custom builds and getting one which 3 ghz...!

Get the 8800 it will outperform two 8500's in SLI any day. As for processor I would get the Intel quad core(probably Q6600, but if your budget allows for a more expensive processor then you can do one of the higher end quad cores as well). Also, if you can it would be much more beneficial to buy the parts separately and put them together yourself rather than paying somebody else to do it.

noway, dont get the 3870 (i rather trust nvidia plus get a 8800GT oclocked to beat the 3870)

For your CPU, I recommend the Q6600, it's really cheap at the moment and is still outperforming AMD's new Phenoms plus it OC's very well, most people manage 3.4GHz. As for your GPU, pick between the 8800GT and GTS, or if you can't afford any of those two, then the ATI 3870 is still a very good card.

if you want to buy a gts only buy the new 8800GTS(G92)
the Q6600 is a good cpu but if it was me, id wait for those new 45nm s

Back
Top Bottom