How is it possible for 8800gt to beat hd3850?

well of course you must not know anyone then, theres a bunch of epople with ati cards in a bunch of computers, its cheaper than the nvidia cards and if you find a nvidia card that costs 160 and performs like the 3850, show me, cuz that wont happen.... amd/ ati is more bang for the buck approach..

A lot of games take part in Nvidia's "the way it's meant to be played" so the 8800GT's drivers will be optimized for those games. Also the 256MB version of the 8800GT will be noticably slower as the memory clock is down from 1800MHz to 1600/1650MHz(i cant remember which).
the hd3850 and 3870 (they perform the same ne ways)
I wouldn't say that's true, there is a very noticable performance increase with the 3870.

I wouldn't say that's true, there is a very noticable performance increase with the 3870.
not according to tom's hardware, in crysis, fear, and other games the 3850 and 3870 kept the EXACT same avg. fps in every single game, which is suprisingly but believeable!

but maybe it was two cards with the same clock speeds, just something i read for a reliable source thats all

so you think this upgrade would be worth it?

and why dont they just make a mobo with 2 processors, a core2duo for normal cpu stuff, and a nvida dual core for gpu :), then 2 gigs of ram for the cpu, and 2 gigs of ram for the gpu :)

i use ATI cards, and so does all my friends, i go with ATI because its cheaper and i get pretty good fps on the game i like to play. and i had better experience with ATI than Nvidia, the only Nvidia card i like is the 8800, other than that, i wouldnt even bother getting an Nvidia. i also prefer AMD, just because its cheaper, but i do like how the new intel has the 775 socket....

i was trying to find it but cant seem to locate it, it was a tom's hardware article reviewing the 3850 256mb 3850 512mb 3870 512mb and 8800gt 512mb

and the 3850 512mb and 3870 512mb always get the exact same avg. fps!

Back
Top Bottom