Best way to ship computer hardware

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Hey, guys, I need to know the best way to ship computer hardware, in particular, a graphics card. Should I use a box barely bigger than the card with a little bit of packing foam for added protection, or a large box with a lot of packing foam? I already have the card in an anti-static bag, so there is no problem there I don't think. I think the small box with a little packing foam is better because I think it would be cheaper, but just as safe as a large box.

You ship it on a ship :p Nah, kidding.

Seriously though, a box barely larger is better, just put something soft underneath and on top.

The video card should have at least 2 - 3 inches of packing material on all sides to be safe during transit.

I've bought and sold alot of computer parts over the years and tend to go a little overboard with packing just to be on the safe side. There's nothing worse than receiving a part that was broken during shipping. :D

The video card should have at least 2 - 3 inches of packing material on all sides to be safe during transit.

I've bought and sold alot of computer parts over the years and tend to go a little overboard with packing just to be on the safe side. There's nothing worse than receiving a part that was broken during shipping. :D

ya, you might also consider double boxing, so if something hits the side you have two sides to go through, ship like newegg does, fill it about half full of packing peanuts, then wrap the item in bubble wrap, then fill the box full of packing peanuts, that should do it...

Ok, well, I lost one prospected buyer of the GPU I am selling, so I have some more time to work this out. I have a box that has 2-3 inches on each side of the card, and a lot of packing peanuts so I think it would be fairly safe.

That should be OK. Make sure you put enough peanuts in there so the card does not move. Pack it up and shake it around. If you hear or feel it move, add more peanuts.

Yep, and you can buy bags or boxes of any size and color!
Heres a free bag!

loosefill.jpg

Back
Top Bottom