Emulator box

Ok,So i want to build an emulator box (Running MAME,Snes,NES,Megadrive,2600)

This is what im thinking

Motherboard:VIA C3 PC1000 800MhzHardrive: IDE to Compact flash card converter with a 4gb Card
RAM:256mb RAM
Graphics card: Onboard (Unichrome IGP) Or Low Profile PCI Card.
Sound: Onboard.
Case:Not sure yet.

I Would use THESE As Controllers.

So would these specs run well with these emulators?

It should run them just fine. I have a old pentium III computer with 256MB Ram and it has onboard video and it ran just fine with those emulators, so I don't see a problem at all

Ubuntu would be good, considering if it has compatibility with the emus. It will lower the cost of the rig :) Or, if you already have the mentioned OSes, use one of those.

Well,I have just ordered my bits:

Motherboard: VIA C3 800Mhz
Hardrive: IDE to CF Adaptor,So it will be a compact flash based cartidge system
RAM:Infeon 256mb RAM
PSU: Mini-PSU 125w
Onbaord sound and graphics (Ordering an VGA to RCA Converter so i can output to non HD Tv's)

Operating system would be different for each cartidge,Example: Emulation cartidge will be running windows 98,Multimedia cartidge (All my music photos and movies) Will be running Windows XP MCE and so on and so forth.Im gonna make my own case too :D.

EDIT; I Just ordered these as controllers,they'll be prety sweet for Emulators :D. Ill have to order a wireless KB and mouse aswell.......

if you dont mind me asking, how do you make it to be able to play something like lets say gamecube, playstation, sega saturn or dream cast? (o i really want saturn LOL SONIC!!!!!)

I think getting the BIOS is illegal for the Sega systems... but other emulators at least are perfectly legal assuming they are being used for homebrew games, which we can't assume any further than that.

Back
Top Bottom