HP Laptop

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
What do you guys think of this laptop I customized from HP?
HP Pavillion DV9700t

Operating system
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

Display
17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)

Memory
2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Graphics Card
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Personalization
FREE Upgrade to HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone!!

Networking
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)

Hard Drive
FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive!!

Primary CD/DVD Drive
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support

TV & Entertainment Experience
No TV Tuner w/remote control

Primary Battery
High Capacity 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Productivity Software
Microsoft(R) Works 9.0

The total would be $1248.98, that is with an HP messenger case ($69.99)

Any thoughts?

Surfing, maybe a little gaming (very little) Photoshop.....stuff like that, multimedia, music, watching movies.

should do everything you need it to, and be fairly quick about it. I wouldn't mind getting a laptop with those specs,,,,of course look at what i'm working with in my sig...

here's a fairly similar asus one at newegg..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220163
.only it has a T7300 @2GHz, only 1GB ram, 15.4" display, nvidia 8600M GS, 160GB drive, built in webcam, for $1129 & $15 shipping...so your HP configuration is a pretty good price.

The only thing that sucks about customizing a laptop is you have to wait for it. 10 days for them to build it, then 5-7 days for shipping.

The only thing that sucks about customizing a laptop is you have to wait for it. 10 days for them to build it, then 5-7 days for shipping.

yeah,,maybe you could check out a local circuit city, best buy, or frys or similar computer store and see what they have in stock on sale perhaps to get a similar configuration for about the same price...and not have to wait.

yeah,,maybe you could check out a local circuit city, best buy, or frys or similar computer store and see what they have in stock on sale perhaps to get a similar configuration for about the same price...and not have to wait.
Yeah, I've been looking around for HP's elsewhere. Seems that no place has what I'm looking for. I want a 17" screen with a good video card. Most of them I've seen have the GeForce Go 7150m, which is less than what I have in my pc now (7600GT), plus I want the faster processor and wifi with b/g/n and bluetooth. I haven't seen one that has all that stuff, at a reasonable price anyway. There are some of the older models on ebay that have those specs but they are way too expensive.

well, good luck in your quest...i imagine you will be happy with either ordering the one you listed, or getting a similarly configured one from somplace else. i just haven't been able to bring myself the get a laptop because you just get so much more bang for your buck in a desktop, with easier upgrading posibilities too...but if you need/want a laptop, go for it.

The specs you've got for the stuff you want to do is matching well. It's a good laptop for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom