How is it possible for 8800gt to beat hd3850?

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
Ive been using Nvidia cards all my life and thought i would never even look at an ATi card but i have been looking at the hd3850 compared to the 8800gt

now they seem to have the exact same specs except that the hd3850 has 320 stream processors and the 8800gt has a mere 112, now how in the world is the 8800gt beating the hd3850 and 3870 (they perform the same ne ways) in benchmarks? even with the same clock ratings?

and did older video cards use hundreds of stream processors or did it use one big processor? thanks!

8800GT has a much better core. Think of it as like an Athlon vs a Core 2 Duo. A 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo would rip apart a 2.4 GHz Athlon 64 X2.

oh so its just Nvidia's technology being faster thanks man!

now from what ive read the only reason for getting the 512mb version of the gt is for people who want Anti Aliasing and Antistrophic Filtering way high with High Resolutions to go with it, now i prefer to run my games at 1024x760, and trilinear filtering is fine with me, i never use anti aliasing so would the 256mb 8800gt be fine for me?

one other thing is games are being optimized more for an 8800 as the 8800 is a very very very popular card

They don't suck. They just haven't released cheap mid version of there cards like Nvidia has.

idk how amd witch is ati doesnt go out of biss
apparently every things suxing with them becouse there going to be coming out with some new cpu that has a gpu/physics core right on it
witch would be pretty sick
except u wouldnt update gpu any more only cpu

I think AMD is in business because they make cheap budget CPUs and alot of people buy them. ATi, I dont know anyone who buys ATi. Like seriously

Back
Top Bottom