Need to move partitions around in Windows..what's the best partitioner?

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Well..pretty cut and dry...I need to resize and create some partitions from a hdd that HAS files on it....I've heard the windozzzze utility sucks so what should I go with..the only one I've ever heard of was partition magic...any thoughts??

Thanks in advance and a happy New Year 2008!

Zac

partition magic is great, you can get a free trial too. ive had to do some major re partioning and i used that, worked liked a charm and didnt screw anything up like i was afraid of :) good luck!

partition magic is pretty good ^
its screwed me over a few times, but thats usually because the hdd's are f**ked.

partition magic also has an error checking thing, but from experience it just tells you it has too many errors to carry on, so yea i wouldnt bother with that and id use the windows xp error checking

partition magic is great but doesnt work with vista, assuming you have vista. otherwise you would need to boot into a linux Live disk and do it that way.

no im still happily running XP..VERY happily i might add..i hate vista..but that's not for this thread lol...

thanks...um about the chkdisk utility how do i go about running that..do i need the OS cd?

ah yes..i've heard thats good..i've used other another linux partitioner can't remember the name but....anyways..would would be more "error free"...linux or partition magic?...

um for linux live distros i have the new sabayon beryl, kubuntu and fedora...i think fedora would let me do partitions tho..if i remember correctly...some access or mounting thing and i don't know how to mount so i don't wanna mess with that..i know that sabayon is extremely user friendly..i've toyed with that a bit and i didn't have to do anything to get it to recognize my partitions..i could access all my files with out install right from the live cd!

i had a lot of trouble with partition magic, i didn't find out it doesn't work with vista until after i tried 4 times going through hell

i tried g parted, that worked great. i didn't understand how to use it but googled some guides and didn't have a problem

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

Back
Top Bottom