Crysis Trilogy!

i know how you feel. i got the orange box and beat episode one, which my jaw dropped, than beat episode 2 and was like OMFG and i was bleeding by how much of an awesome ending it was. now i can't wait until the 3rd one comes out.

Well, if the graphics are the same that would mean it's coming out fairly soon, but I think they will make better graphics. Every game they make is known for its graphics, well, the 2 they made, farcry and crysis. I need to beat farcry one of these days too.

Crysis all of it owned all the way through
that guys name was prophet
I read that the focus of crysis 2 is going to be graphics

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=570

Good god...then I can forget about buying it.

The major thing Crytek needs to work on is the story. Crysis has to have one of the most generic storylines I've ever seen and all I see when I play Crysis is FarCry and Jack Carver excluding the minor story change. Still involves aliens/monsters and shooting soldiers/mercenaries.

The graphics are already good enough, Crytek just needs to learn to optimize it so you can run it smoothly on high. I mean, a PC with the newest hardware and NVIDIA's latest 8800 GTXs in tri-SLI can only get 30-40 FPS, which is playable, but far from smooth. This is hardware that hasn't even been released yet!

There is a reason why many gaming sites didn't include Crysis in their Best Graphics of 2007 nominees. Not because the graphics are too good, but rather that because there is no PC that can run the game at maximum without getting a seizure (far from a smooth and pleasant gaming experience). So all you really have is theoretical graphics, because not everyone knows what the game is truly capable of if Crytek actually took the time to optimize the engine. Sorry Crysis...maybe in 2008.

I was looking on Newegg and someone posted this

Pros: I posted before about how well this card works under workstation loads. Now I am going to tell you how well it work while gaming. WOW! I took this card home from work for a LAN party I was hosting. It blew everything compleatly away. I have never seen or used an 8800 Ultra, but I am sure this this can top one, possibly 2. I was running Crysis on high, everything as high as it can go, not just water or objects, every setting on VERY HIGH! Anti autoleasing as high as it would go (X8). The game looked wonderful, no lag, no frezing, no nothing. The rest of the system was not even that great. Core 2 @ 2.2 GHz and 2 GB of RAM and some old IDE drive I had laying around. If you are insain and have lots of extra money laying around, get 2 in SLI and then you have something to brag about.
Cons: Obviously the price, but like I just said, this will run around a 8800 Ultra, since the guys that own them say that they can not run Crysis on the highest settings, and I can.
Other Thoughts: I would imagin the Quadro FV 5600 would easily top this card, or the FX 4600 X2 I guess, but this will play the most demanding game on the face of the earth (at time of post) and will run several GB 3D solidworks assemblies at work, I am not sure what else needs to be done that can not with 1 or 2 of these cards.

link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133213

is that true?

It's a workstation card.
Was that guy just pulling stuff outta his ass?

Probably bullshitting.

Workstation cards don't run GPU intensive games as well because they're not tuned to do so. They're designed to do things more like CAD, Maya, and all those graphical editing tools or whatnot.

http://www.gemaga.com/2007/12/12/over-1800-in-video-cards-to-run-crysis-on-very-high
http://kotaku.com/gaming/craziness/1800-in-video-cards-still-doesnt-max-crysis-333598.php

An average of 37.9 FPS...just amazing. It'll be a while before we see hardware capable of running that game at 60 FPS or higher like its meant to be.

Possibly...you never know. Crytek is a company that has always been very graphically intensive. I remember when FarCry first came out there weren't many computers who could run that game with all the settings on High or Ultra.

Back
Top Bottom