More Christmas money.. Time for an 8600gt

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
So, while on a trip to Cleveland to visit my grandparents, I received 70 dollars from them. So, I was thinking about saving up some more money and buying the XFX 8600GT. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150260&Tpk=XFX+8600gt

I will have the money for it in a week probably. So, what do you think? Would this be a good buy for someone like me? I know it can't handle some of the newest games on high, but I can settle for medium settings. I really want to be able to play Halo 2 pretty decent on this machine, and I think the 8600 would help me achieve that. I also KNOW it will play WoW maxed out as far as it will go because my current card, the ATi Radeon X1650Pro can. If there is a card that is better and cheaper, let me know.

But anyway.. About the trip to Cleveland... We got lost.. for the 10th year in a row it seems like. But this time, we ended up on the east side... THE EAST SIDE OF MOTHERF**KING CLEVELAND. We stopped at a gas station and asked a truck driver how to get back on the highway, and he looked at us and he told us "Boy, you is the wrong color to be in this neighborhood, you need to get your ass on down that road as fast as you can because some boys are gonna be after you here in a few minutes." Then not even two blocks down the road we heard gunshots. Wonderful time :) But, hey, we found our way to my grandparents house and had a great time.

On a side note: Patriots, congratulations, but I still don't like you. Never have, never will.

On another note, I was thinking about getting a MIDI USB keyboard, because I'm into sound editing/mixing and all of that. But I really want a better GPU :)

The 8600GT is nice, but I don't get how my 7900GT beats it?

But for Halo2 you should be just fine, it should be able to run it nicely.

New idea: getting a ATi Radeon HD3870. It is cheaper than a 8800GT, but it preforms comparably. I have been an ATi fanboy for a long time and wanted to jump on the nVidia train, but I don't think its going to happen. I have some money to save up now :)

New idea: getting a ATi Radeon HD3870. It is cheaper than a 8800GT, but it preforms comparably. I have been an ATi fanboy for a long time and wanted to jump on the nVidia train, but I don't think its going to happen. I have some money to save up now :)

Well, it will definitely perform better than the 8600gt you were originally thinking about. If you got the money, go for it!

Does this give a discount?

no, but david gets paid because the advertisement gets clicks then we make money for having it up, so it helps out CF overall because somebody has to pay for the server/power/software stuff like that, so using the newegg banner helps out cf is basically what im trying to say, lol

no, but david gets paid because the advertisement gets clicks then we make money for having it up, so it helps out CF overall because somebody has to pay for the server/power/software stuff like that, so using the newegg banner helps out cf is basically what im trying to say, lol

Ah ok sweet, but I rarely see it, 99 percent of the time for me its some AriaPC banner , advertising servers.

Back
Top Bottom