Linksys WRT54G

Steemax

Daemon Poster
I have the WRT54G wireless router, and I have a seperate Antenna that I would like to connect to it, but I cant get the antenna's off the linksys, I dont see anywhere it screws off, ive pulled turned with force and nothing budges, anyone have some insight on this?

where the antennae connects to the router there is a plastic sleeve that protects the metal screw/nut sleeve on the antennae, thats how it is on my linksys, hopefully its the same on yours...

ok after much research, i found out that the new version 8 WRT54g's wireless antenna's are built in =( why would they do something stupid like that.

wow thats dumb, probably so you have to buy the more expensive one to get a bigger antennae, all about money money money!

ya =( i payed 50 USD which is pretty cheap i guess, the next step up was like 70USD..

yea, well prolly for 20 bucks more it would've had removable antennas... thats the sad truth, you could always go ghetto and take off the cover, sacrifice one of the antennae signal wires and hook up your new antennae directly to one of the signal wires if you feel like going that route...

Back
Top Bottom