anyone ever seen a hdd...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
that has and IDE connection on one side and a SATA connection on the other...? a friend of mine claims to have seen this at a thrift store (10 of them), but I was skeptical, he even claims they were Seagate hdds...

anyone ever seen one...?

No such animal as far as I know. They do have some that have both 4 pin molex and SATA power connectors on them.

he said the connection were on opposite ends, what he was explaining was kinda weird...

you can turn a PATA HDD into a SATA HDD via a bridge, there is no reason to have both ports. there also wouldnt be enough room

No such things exist. Hard drives will have one single bandwith speed, and it matches the one of the interface. No such thing as Parallel and serial on one drive. He's sure smoking some good one, I'm with Atomic Rooster.

there was no display, the hard drives were just sitting out (at a thrift store, most of the items are used and have no packaging), he picked them up and looked at them, he swears to this day that he saw an IDE connection where it should've been, but on the front of the hdd there was a SATA connection as well, he has a SATA and IDE hdd in his computer, so he knows the difference...

and no, he doesn't "smoke", but he does smoke cigarettes...

he should have bought one.. you know why?

thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

Back
Top Bottom