Last time your computer was 'off'

my pc was last opff till about 1 maybe 2pm this afternoon
i turn mine off at evening last thing before bed so lets say when i am in college thats about 11 to 12 ish in the evening and when not in college some nights as late as 4 am

or if i am leaving and i know i wont be back for a day or something like if i go to a party i switch it off
then i turn it on when i want it in the day so some days i turn it on go down have breakfast and when i come back its booted and then some days i dont turn it on till like 6pm in the evening
other than that i leave it on all day cos i usually pop in and out of my room or am using it during the day

an idle PC takes up probably as much as 2 60 watt light bulbs, how many times have you left on in your house? lots of times ;)

Performance PC like most of ours would eat the same amount of power as 3 or possibly 4 60 watt bulbs.

And I use CFL's which are about 13 watts, hardly anyone uses incandescent lights anymore.

To quote intel, Having their Centrino based laptops idle for an hour uses less power than running an average microwave for one minute.

I turn mine off every once in a while.

What are CFLs? I just bought an LED light bulb to try it out, uses only 0.8watts, but only puts out as much as a 20watt incandesent.

GEEZE. Alot of people leave there computerrs on. Maybe thats why we get alot of threads like "My computer will not turn on"

and we respond like "It's prob your PSU"

Performance PC like most of ours would eat the same amount of power as 3 or possibly 4 60 watt bulbs.

And I use CFL's which are about 13 watts, hardly anyone uses incandescent lights anymore.

nay, i have read many PSU tests\power tests and the average PC idles at 150ish watts, although thats if your CPU clocks down like i have mine set

Yeah and thats only 2.4 ghz.

What about mine?? 3.0GHZ quad.

Oh yeah Rud my computer>your computer ;)

member you were saying that to me!

I turn mine of when I'm done using it.

You should turn it off to clear your cache.

ditto... i turn mine off every night, but it usually gets restarted at least once a day for program installs/ driver updates

Back
Top Bottom