Star wars he we come!

Star wars here we come!

Getting closer and closer check out this 360-degree-holographic Display. Man I wonder how much one of these will cost!

3d-display.jpg

Heres a link to it in action! Click

Source:

Researchers at USC have taken another step towards that holiest of sci-fi dreams: the 3D holographic display. Using a spinning mirror covered with a "holographic diffuser," a special DVI implementation, and a high-speed projector, the team's device can project a three-dimensional image that can be viewed from 360 degrees -- regardless of the viewer's height and distance. That's impressive, but that spinning mirror looks pretty dangerous. Check a video of the system in action after the break.

That's awesome man but I am pretty sure you can edit your own title if you click edit then edit again.

Does it work?

Edit: I noticed my suggestion only edits the title in your post, not the thread's title, sorry.

wow... :eek:

thats some pretty smart stuff, looked a bit jumpy sometimes but then that could just be the camera, but a fantasic piece of kit :cool:

that looks pretty cool...advances in tech is always cool..i like to imagine 50-100 years from now what will be out there....everyone will laugh about the "quad core" for sure....i can see it now..."man, remember when we thought THAT was good???" haha

Thats pretty good.

I believe the computer displaying it, is rotating the image with the camera, based on tracking results.
The same wouldn't happen if you were to walk around on your own.

Back
Top Bottom