bent cpu pin and hd clicking

Bent pins are no problem really, I use a straight edge (usually a knife blade) to straighten any that require it.

Broken pins on the other hand are not nice, lhuser, good luck with the soldering, hope you have a steady hand.

motherboards dont take advantage of the full 64-bit RAM address space, the CPU might have more pins for it than the motherboard does, you might have lucked out and the pin that was bent was one of them :p
I sincerely hope you're drunk or joking.

God help us if you're serious.

Bent pins are no problem really, I use a straight edge (usually a knife blade) to straighten any that require it.

Broken pins on the other hand are not nice, lhuser, good luck with the soldering, hope you have a steady hand.

I sincerely hope you're drunk or joking.

God help us if you're serious.

Oh trust me, I've had to solder smaller than that. You know the colored rectangle thing near the chipset? The size of a quarter of a grain of rice. I had to solder that thing in order to revive a board. I sweated because it was the most precise work I've ever done, so a CPU pin won't kill lol :p

That's why I like soldering: 95% of the stuff I soldered was revived. The remaining five never turned on or was officially fried. One has blown volt regs, one had a bad PCB, and the other had a PCB that was useless.

Back
Top Bottom