Cleaning

when my computer starts to become laggy or noticably slower i'll run CCleaner. Run Auslogics Rigistry Defrag and Auslogics Disk Defrag and that usually cleanes it right up

The most thorough method is a complete reformat, but that takes time and effort. Still, you will be amazed how fast a comp will go with a fresh install. I usually do it a couple times a year, more or less. Eventually, all the crap files and garbage registry entries build up. Lots of programs leave little footprints behind even after an uninstall, and that starts to eat into system performance. Tweaks and registry cleaners will only work for so long until a full format is really the best answer. Sounds like your comp is beyond that point.

sry to thread jack but i just ran ccleaner and it freaking removed 829mb of shit hahaha damn im so suprized that i had that much garbage, now im gonna unistall some bs programs that i have and clear a couple gigs haha
17540 files were removed, DAMN!

People place great importance on cleaning out the software side of things but it is also important to keep your hardware clean. Make sure there are no dust clogging and blocking fans and heatsinks. Blow your case out regularly with some compressed air. Dust can cause a lot of problems to a pc.

very very true, i apply my thermal paste every 6 or so months and clean out the dust every month, very noticeable difference from when i used to not do it and now that i do

ok cool that all looks good. @catalyst.

i reformat my computer 3 times a year but this is a friends computer who foolishly doesnt back up n e installation files or n e thing like that so a reformat is out of the window im afraid

ok cool that all looks good. @catalyst.

i reformat my computer 3 times a year but this is a friends computer who foolishly doesnt back up n e installation files or n e thing like that so a reformat is out of the window im afraid

You should introduce I'm to Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image, easiest way to format without having to reinstall all your software, just make a back up and store it, then start playing about with your current OS and removing crap, if you make a mistake then just put you ghost image in and restore back to original state.

Back
Top Bottom