RAM Problem?

Mayhem51

Beta member
I bought some Kingston 1GB PC2700 330 MHz DDR and I have a ASUS P4P800 Motherboard. So I uninstalled my previous RAM and then I put in my new RAM in the 1st DIMM slot. Then when I booted up my computer I get a blank screen. Not even the BIOS comes up. I get no signal. Any help?

If it was a memory problem, your computer would be beeping at you. Make sure you didn't knock any cables or cards loose. Check all connections.

yeahthat.gif

It ain't the RAM like the guru said; it makes annoying beep sounds for RAM, HDD, and Video Card.

Do you get fans spinning up? I can't imagine the difference in power consumption between two sticks of RAM would be great enough to make a PSU work with one setup but not another with the only difference being the RAM. But it's possible.

If not, check your VGA cable. A lot of systems have two VGA slots, one that goes to the integrated video on the mobo, and one to your graphics card. So make sure when you reconnected your wires after opening up your computer you reconnected it to the correct port.

Back
Top Bottom