Computer not working pleese help urgently!

When I turn it on I get copyright message with black screen that normally appears. But I don't reach the log in screen after that it just turns black. Keyboard and mouse don't work and it makes weird noise that is like a beeping noise about 7 times and then stops. After this it wont work just black

I am using windows xp on a dell dimension 3,000

Pleese I need to fix this! Does anyone know hwta happened!

Check your ram, BEEPS usually relate to memory problems, take out your sticks and put them back in again, try again, if it still wont run try with just one stick in, try both sticks on there own. if it boots you know which is the faulty ram.

look here http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

so I unscrew my computer with a screwdriver and a pull out the ram. Then put it back in. I have 256 ram. Do you think I can do it without breaking the ram or computer?

Keep in mind I haven't done this before and I don't know much abouit computers.

Pleese guys the more advice the better.

well dont go prying around with a screwdriver. make sure its unplugged too. take off one of the side panels, there is a memory stick and they are just locked in with 2 tabs. just push the tabs down and they will release the stick.

You could try testing your memory with a program called Memtest86+. It will fully test your memory and report any errors. You will need to put it on a bootable CD. There are instructions on the site on how to do that.

Guys I got it to work! My dad told me to turn off numlock on the keyboard which was on. And then when I turned it back on it would mess things up. We turned it off and on 3 times the 3rd time it finally worked.

How do I check my specs to see how much is being used and how much is left for my ram and memory?

RIGHT CLICK TASK BAR, select TASK MANAGER, then performance. If you want to know ow much HDD space you are using then select my computer and hold the cursor over your drive eg C.

When I turn it on I get copyright message with black screen that normally appears. But I don't reach the log in screen after that it just turns black. Keyboard and mouse don't work and it makes weird noise that is like a beeping noise about 7 times and then stops. After this it wont work just black

I am using windows xp on a dell dimension 3,000

Pleese I need to fix this! Does anyone know hwta happened!

so I unscrew my computer with a screwdriver and a pull out the ram. Then put it back in. I have 256 ram. Do you think I can do it without breaking the ram or computer?

Keep in mind I haven't done this before and I don't know much abouit computers.

Pleese guys the more advice the better.

Guys I got it to work! My dad told me to turn off numlock on the keyboard which was on. And then when I turned it back on it would mess things up. We turned it off and on 3 times the 3rd time it finally worked.

How do I check my specs to see how much is being used and how much is left for my ram and memory?

Hey check out the user names in these posts. Just thought it would be nice to see. <grin>

Back
Top Bottom