Yet again

Look at this another ROTTWEILLER attacks a person!!!! OMG maybe instead of blaming the dog you should blame the owner. Owners make the dogs violent.

Funny how when a rott attacks a person it makes headlines although when something other than a rott or pitbull attacks someone you rarely hear about it.

People buy rott's for protection. If you know your neighbor has one maybe you shouldn't tromp on there property. If the dog gets off there property its the owners fault not the dog. Believe it or not dogs besides rotts will wander off also.

Look at this another ROTTWEILLER attacks a person!!!! OMG maybe instead of blaming the dog you should blame the owner. Owners make the dogs violent.

Funny how when a rott attacks a person it makes headlines although when something other than a rott or pitbull attacks someone you rarely hear about it.

People buy rott's for protection. If you know your neighbor has one maybe you shouldn't tromp on there property. If the dog gets off there property its the owners fault not the dog. Believe it or not dogs besides rotts will wander off also.

It didn't make much difference in this case the dog jumped a fence, If you cant get hold of the breed you stop the source, There are plenty of Rottweiller owners out there, I only hope they can sleep at night knowing that there dog will NEVER turn.

It didn't make much difference in this case the dog jumped a fence, If you cant get hold of the breed you stop the source, There are plenty of Rottweiller owners out there, I only hope they can sleep at night knowing that there dog will NEVER turn.

You said it yourself the dog jumped the fence. Its a owners job to know what the dog is capable of and keeping it in check.

Since we were on the subject today I was burning some leftover Xmas boxes and decided to take a few pic's of my dog and how I keep him from getting out.

I own a pure breed Japanese Akita. If you don't know about these dogs there from Japan and the Japanese use them for 2 purposes. To babysit children and to guard there property.

My dog is very friendly as long as he knows you. Its strangers he has a problem with. If he doesn't know you and you walk up to him he will tear you apart. So knowing this I built a complete Kenel for him outside when I'm sleeping or working. You'll notice he even has a chain on even though his in a kennel just in case he chews through the fence. Also you'll notice around the door I have another chain looped around the door for added protection.

He's a very friendly dog as long as he knows you. I made sure he can't get out when I'm not around and hurt someone. Don't get me wrong I feel bad for any family that has to go through anything like that but the bottom line is this. A dog is a animal that does not know right from wrong unless you train them. Its a owners job to make sure they know the animal there getting and take the steps to make sure it does not harm anyone.

DogKenel.jpg

MyDog.jpg

Yeah I completely agree. I was looking for Brookfield's older thread about a similar issue to mention that but Lowndsey beat me to the news. He probably provided more info than I would have though.

When strict gun restrictions became mandatory in Australia, many people had to say goodbye to particular weapons that they could no longer own legally or even afford. I think this should be applied to particular breeds of dogs to prevent dozens of future attacks like this in the future. I wouldn't say go put down hundreds of currently registered Rottweilers but they should stop breeding them so much and selling them to the public. What I mean is if an individual appreciates a specific breed of dog enough, then they can be responsible and enroll in some sort of Government funded program to acquire a permit.

I dont believe that its ever the dogs fault. They are part of a pack in the wild and its the owners responsibility to be the leader of the pack so if the dog is ever confronted by something that it aint sure of it will turn to you. This isnt rocket science, but its the difference between a good family pet and a bad one. My best wishes go out to the family.

Yeah I completely agree. I was looking for Brookfield's older thread about a similar issue to mention that but Lowndsey beat me to the news. He probably provided more info than I would have though.

When strict gun restrictions became mandatory in Australia, many people had to say goodbye to particular weapons that they could no longer own legally or even afford. I think this should be applied to particular breeds of dogs to prevent dozens of future attacks like this in the future. I wouldn't say go put down hundreds of currently registered Rottweilers but they should stop breeding them so much and selling them to the public. What I mean is if an individual appreciates a specific breed of dog enough, then they can be responsible and enroll in some sort of Government funded program to acquire a permit.
Nah, you'd have to go way back, you're very welcome to search my posts, reference to that will still be there, a while back, a member thought It'd be fun to find member's first posts & he PM'd me mine, it was two & a half years ago in 2005, so search away mate!:)

amen to that.

Back
Top Bottom