Getting Certified is Expensive

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
Wow, I have spent over $450 on books to get certified. Then comes the exam fees. This is gonna hurt, but it will be worth it. :D

Anyway, the Certs I am working on:

• A+ (About ready to take exam for)
  • CNE for Netware 6 (Not much studied yet)
  • CCNA for Cisco (Just bought books for)
  • MCSA (Still waiting on books)
  • MCSE (ditto)
  • MCDST (Bought books today)

I am looking forward to getting these certifications. :D

Wow, I have spent over $450 on books to get certified. Then comes the exam fees. This is gonna hurt, but it will be worth it. :D

Anyway, the Certs I am working on:

• A+ (About ready to take exam for)
  • CNE for Netware 6 (Not much studied yet)
  • CCNA for Cisco (Just bought books for)
  • MCSA (Still waiting on books)
  • MCSE (ditto)
  • MCDST (Bought books today)

I am looking forward to getting these certifications. :D

Good luck. You do know MCSA is a subset of MCSE, and you can get MCSA on your way to MCSE without doing any extra work?

Sent ya a PM as well :)

Good luck. You do know MCSA is a subset of MCSE, and you can get MCSA on your way to MCSE without doing any extra work?

Yeah, I just figured I would throw that in because I consider that its own certification. I am about ready to take my A+ test, and I am probably going to start working on the MCDST pretty quicklike.

You can also use MCDST towards it aswell. And A+ and N+ are an elective aswell.

What are MCSA and MCSE?

MCSA = Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
MCSE = Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

These two certifications go hand in hand and pretty much the MCSA is for maintaining and monitoring the networks the MCSE designed and implemented.

Oh, can you get fairly good jobs with having those?

Quite a few jobs are starting to make those certifications a job requirement. Shoot, you can't even be Geek Squad without at least A+, preferrably Microsoft. So it is definitely beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom