Laptops......

If you're going to game, then don't get a notebook. I can't see the logic behind spending thousands for a gaming notebooks only to have cheaper, more expandable desktop equivalent.

i agree. gaming on laptops (as i found out) is certanly not reccomended, unles your willing to splash out a few thousand $$$'s to get a high end one that will last a while, because almost with every laptop the amount of parts you can upgrade is severely limited (normally the memory, hard drive and possibly the CPU)

if your going to be gaming, get a desktop IMO because its not worth it just for the portability unless its crucial that you can take it with you, in that case i would reccomend get a good desktop and just a cheap laptop for basic stuff :)

Well I don't game so no worries there. I want a laptop for the portability and simplicity. When I was in Staples messing around with them, I sorta got the urge to get one, I think I'd like having one.

what kind of programmes will you be using? just basic things or will you be doing DVD editting/CAD/music editting or anything like that?

My Macbook Pro is very nice and I have had it for about a year..

2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3gb Ram, ATi x1600 128mb, and 8x DVD Burner... Runs just as good as they day I got it.

Of course you can get a newer model now.

Acer's are nice, but like John and I experienced, stay away from upgrading CPUs. Usually, lappys aren't meant to have that kind of upgrade anyways. The laptops though are just good.

Well, any mobile laptops I believe is nice, besides Sony. Known for garbage.

No, you didn't get what I meant lol. I was trying to say garbage as in bloatware...such as the Norton series of garbage, and going...

No, hardware wise, I don't think Sony's that stupid to put POS in there.

I would like to get a laptop as well. But for a cheap price somewhere between $0-$500 what do you guys think is the best.

Back
Top Bottom