Quad-Core compatibility

sccrbrandon47881

In Runtime
So I just got a Quad-Core Q6600 through Intel's Retail Edge Program and I don't think it works with my ASUS P5N32-SLi Deluxe. The new bios say that there is new processor compatibility but when I put the Quad-Core in my computer, powers up but there is no picture nor is the power LED on, just my HDD LED is on. Could it possibly be my PSU isn't powerful enough or is my mobo really not compatible?

Odds are the mobo isn't compatible. Your quad doesn't consume that much power to keep it from booting. The one that came with your bundle is nice. Only downside is the one PCI slot.

kinda off topic, but don't you love the price you got? I got the Q6700 bundle myself.

yeah i didnt see it on the main website but figured there might be a slight chance. oh well. im looking at the striker extreme. do you think my computer might sell if i sell it with the current motherboard, the P4, PSU, 7600GS, and case? I figured I might as well build a new case...

Odds are the mobo isn't compatible. Your quad doesn't consume that much power to keep it from booting. The one that came with your bundle is nice. Only downside is the one PCI slot.

kinda off topic, but don't you love the price you got? I got the Q6700 bundle myself.

hell yeah, i got the q6600. one of my coworkers got the q6700 but i didnt start in time to get enough chips. im happy that i got one period. although this mobo thing sucks. i love my board.

Your going to need a new motherboard. I don't see it listing the core2quads being compatible with that board. Sorry here is a list of compatible CPU's for that board. Ehh hey there is a bunch of different versions of this board which one is yours? Please link it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=ASUS+P5N32&x=10&y=31

It appears the P5n32 E boards are the ones that support quad cores. You don't have a E board.

Its the ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe... not the SE or anything like that.

Can somebody recommend an awesome motherboard for the Q6600? I want overclocking abilities and SLI. PCI-E and at least 2 PCI slots. I've had good experience with my ASUS so if there is a good one let me know. I was looking at the Striker Extreme but i saw a post here where it wasnt good, but i might have read it wrong and he might have been only talking about the onboard sound... but if anybody would recommend something they have or know about that'd be great!

Back
Top Bottom