cpu overclock maxed out?

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
its the one in my sig, i overclocked it to 2.487ghz and i try to go higher to 2.5ghz but it wont go any higher. why is this? anyone know? thanks in advance

You might have to raise voltages. Biostar isn't known for overclocking either.

o, well the voltages are vcore is 1.33 and all the others are like .10 under what it says,(3.3v: 3.18,5v: 4.92-4.95, 5vsb: 4.92-4.95) and the temp is 33 celsius

33c is fine so try raising the voltages a little, if this doesn't work, you may have come to an FSB wall, so try skipping this by increasing the FSB by 15-20MHz. But the 4400+ X2 can go higher than that for sure with that chipset, but your RAM isn't made by a very good brand so that could be holding you back.

okay well i went up LOL i went up 40 mhz and its overclocked to 135% heres the pictures, (ps, its running at 32 celsius still =D)

before
overclock.jpg

after

270mhzoverclock.jpg

*edit* JUST NOTICED LOL LOOK A THE DUCK IN THIS PIC! hahahaha hes on fire!!!! hahahhaah and he runs around lol

duckonfire.jpg

I just love that hardware monitor! It's great. Although I think you could go higher, don't expect too much as the 64 x2 CPUs just aren't great OC'ers.

are the 6200 a good overclocker? and also what about the phenom, which will be a better one to overclock in your opinion

if you want a phenom than wait tell the black editions come out. they will be more expensive but the multipliers will be unlocked allowing from incredible overclocking.

yeah i will probaly do that then, gonna get a new job when i turn 18 in a month so ill have the money to do it but my current job really really really sucks with pay and hours (mervyns) haha

Back
Top Bottom