Overclocking

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I have an AMD X2 5000+ Black Edition, 2 Gigs of 6400 800Mhz DDR2 OCZ Platinum RAM, 500 Watt power supply, Antec 900 case, and Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro heasink my question is if my clocks are all set to default an I'm running at 2.6 Ghz right now(default) what would be the safe settings to go with?

the way i do it is go up 1 mhz at a time and check your cpu temp every 3-5 mhz and make sure its not overheating, mabie around 3.0 ? i got mine up to the motherboards max at 2.5ghz from 2.2 so you can prbaly go .4 ghz or so with that cooling =D

are you sure your going 1 by 1 mhz? and if it doesnt work mabie its just not its day, mine works better different days! haha naw that aint it but i hope some other overclocker can help you out with it :)

just up the multiplier. thats the beauty of the BE's. you dont have to OC the rest of your hardware to get them up there. also try lowering your ram divider to the next lower thing, it could be "ddr2 667" or an actual setting depending on your bios. that might allow you to OC your FSB more.

as i said earlier, your cpu's multiplier is unlocked, use it!

You could also be at a FSB hole. Try jumping up even a little more see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom