Can't open any programs? Help

WhereBob

In Runtime
Got hit with a virus last night but AVG got it and put it in the vault. Didn't think anything of it and I closed down for the night. Booted up this morning and now I can't open any of my programs, such as word, media player, outlook express, etc and the AVG icon is gone. The only thing that opens is internet explorer. When I try to open something I get "choose program you want to use to open this file". Of course I'm opening a program and not a file thus nothing works. I'll choose excel to open excel and it says it being used by another user or some say "application not found".
I can open these programs by clicking on a saved document or media player by clicking on an MP3 or video in my documents and can do a AVG scan by right mouse clicking on something so they are still there. The only thing I have no way to open is outlook to retrieve my email.

I tried to roll back to a previous restore point but I can't open "properties" in my computer. Says system/rundll32.exe cannot be found. I may be SOL

How can I correct this short of doing a full system restore with a restore disk.

Thanks

I think you are pretty SOL because it has corrupted system files, so it would appear that your restore disc will come in handy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom