Fedex vs UPS

UPS has done some good things to me lately. my package was going to have to wait at the wharehouse over the weekend because the driver wasnt going to make it to our house before you turned back, so an off duty driver who lived near us delivered my package, she never got paid or anything either. i was pretty impressed

I think it just depends on the driver really, as UPS as a whole isn't hauling your package, smashing on your front door and going "Hey we're UPS heres your package!" The driver around here with UPS, or drivers, are good with packages, never a single dent scratch etc. on them, so, hopefully that's the case. I'll be at me dad's house when the package arrives from Newegg and if it's "severally damaged" it should be sent back as due to "Bulk Item Policy" it can't be returned once the paper is signed. So, I have to go all OCD over it and be nitpicky with everyone in my household to whoever opens the door and signs it. Though, I believe, if there IS any damage on it I can just call Logitech customer support. Trust me, USPS sucks around here. I've never dealt with DHL.

Anyways, back to USPS. The lady once dented our mailbox and like I said tossed a package in the street to be run over by a car (I grow carnivorous plants, luckily, the side the plant was on was A-OK but it gave me a scare), and the lady always leaves the damn plants at the post office because they forget to deliver them. For like 2 months at a time the plants will be delivered to the house, then randomly they'll stop doing it and leave a friggin note in my mailbox saying "OOPS, WE'RE STOOPID, WE 4GAWT TO DELIVERL OL!!!!1one" and I have to go on over to get my package. Once they forgot to leave the stupid note so I had plants in the mailbox for 2 weeks and by then they were dead so I had to have the nice guy I bought them from re-send them and I had to wait at the stupid post office for the people to get the package to me. Honestly, I think it's just individual drivers.

I bought a product in the past 2 weeks that had a broken battery but nontheless I had a choice: DHL or UPS. I chose UPS because I feel comfortable with UPS, the package was ugly and brown but it wasn't dented or anything. One of my UPS drivers was stubborn and didn't want to deliver the package without someone answering so he'd knock, wait about 5 minutes, then go to another house, deliver a package, come back, knock, go to another house. He did this for about an hour until I FINALLY went downstairs to see what the commotion was and this guy is there waving and acting overly-happy and gives me the package and walks back to the truck.

1) UPS will destroy you with brokerage fees for cross-border shipments but they are fast and customer support is friendly.

2) FedEX is pretty fast too and I haven't had any problems with several things I've ordered from the Apple Store that came via FedEX.

In the end, as long as you don't use Purolator, you'll be fine.

It really depends on where you live. Different shipping centers are better or worse than others. That's why there's always the debate between FedEx and UPS. Both are good overall, but usually the people that complain about damaged packages and poor customer service from either company are the ones that live by the bad distribution hubs. I know lots of people that have talked about damaged FedEx packages, but not where I live. FedEx is great, and I have had damaged packages from UPS more than once. But back where my folks live, they swear by UPS and don't care much for FedEx.

Bottom line: Try both and decide for yourself.

UPS usually damages my boxes. I've never used FedEx because I can usually get free 3 day shipping with UPS. As long as the stuff gets to me in one piece I am ok with it. Though I did get a DVD set sent to me that was shipped in a bubble wrap bag and no outside box, so it ended up damaging a side of my DVD box.

Shoot, UPS doesn't even bother ringing my doorbell. I have been waiting all day for a package, just to go out the porch and see it sitting there by the door. At most they will honk their horn as they pull up, but in my house you have to be in the living room to hear it. Fed-Ex does the same thing, so neither is different in my book.

I like DHL they get to me faster. But most of the time it is ups that delivers.

I like DHL they get to me the fastest. But most of the time i have UPS dilivering for my.

Hate to be a... annoying person, (and maybe even a hypocrite), but it's delivering, and not dilivering - and me, not my. :)

Back
Top Bottom