whats the next step up from a core 2 duo e4500?

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
i bought a e4500 yesterday, and i got an extra 50 bucks today, and since i didnt open the cpu yet, im thinking i should exchange for something more powerful. the 6300 is basically the same, so im not sure what i can get for the 200 bucks that i have

how is the E6600 better other than overclocking capability?
It's only better in OC capability. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get an E6600 if you're not OCing.

Just spend the $50 toward a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme HSF. And if anyone comes on here telling me that it's not the best because it needs an extra fan, I'm going to smack you.

It's only better in OC capability. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get an E6600 if you're not OCing.

Just spend the $50 toward a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme HSF. And if anyone comes on here telling me that it's not the best because it needs an extra fan, I'm going to smack you.

well its not the best...... LOL jp havent even heard of that product =\

The Ultra 120 Extreme is the best heatsink if you are looking for topnotch performance. It performs really well with low CFM fans too.

That E4500 seems to work quite well. We talked over it and his CPU idles at 33C. And that's 3C cooler than mine.

Back
Top Bottom