Benazir Bhutto gunned down

Brookfield

Golden Master
Benazir Bhutto was shot dead by a gunman, who then exploded a car bomb killing twenty or more people, source; BBC & ITV news, it is also on Google.

This was inevitable ever since she returned to Pakistan, she ignored her security guards twice when they advised her not stand up through the sunroof of her official car, the first time she escaped injury, but many were killed when two car bombs exploded, this time she ignored the advice again, once too often as it turned out.

Wasn't she an oppositionist or something?

I don't remember the word, but I think the Us was supporting whatever movement she was trying to create.

she was an idiot.. her security advisors told her not to stand up, she did and was shot.. they arent paid for nothing, Pakistan is going to be crazy now..

She finally got gunned down. I mean there were soo many insurgents who were trying to finish her off, i guess this means pakistan's gunna loose some more of its stability. I didnt think she did much for her country anyway.

The bloodshed & riots have already started, yesterday a high official was shot dead, a prime minister I believe, & watch out for extreme violence as she is being buried today, a neccessity I believe, due to the very hot climate around 42c, I predict dozens of deaths, probably many more, some of which by police & other authorities opening fire on rioting crowds, the area is in for a very long period of unrest maybe even years, this is a huge step backwards in more ways than that, one woman's death has sparked off a long running conflict, I see that Bush among other world leaders have expressed their regret at "this tragic incident" but none of that will make the slightest effect on the situation, they are known as a volatile & emotional race [no offence to our members who are from that area of course]

don't they call it the Religion of Peace..... what a bunch of hypocrites.

The Islamic religion is peaceful.. only extremists take it to a violent extreme, as they don't follow the original Qur'an.

I see an issue with everyone's response here.. folks, whether she died by her own mistake or not, she is a human being. I didn't even know who she was until yesterday, but consider the situation..

Imagine if that was your mother..

I personally think she is a symbol because she didn't submit to fear caused by the people who wanted to kill her. She still went out there and put her motion forwards.

Was Martin Luther King Jr. an idiot because he went out on to his porch, even though he knew he might be shot?

And now some people are associating the violence, to their religion?! I'm disgusted, emotionally and physically, by the amount of disregard for a human life in this thread.

I haven't seen one 'Rest in Peace'... and to say the least, thats a disrespect towards someone who respected her, perhaps someone from Pakistan.

People die every day, multiple people a day, and while we can't possibly mourn them all, isn't it just normal to have sympathy for those who have passed, when its brought to our attention?

Next time, why don't you all think before you speak..
Perhaps if someone called your mother, or wife, an idiot after she passed.. you'd all understand. We all make mistakes in life, and do things that others wouldn't agree to.. but that doesn't mean we deserve to die.. or that we are forever encrusted as an idiot.

I personally think she is a symbol because she didn't submit to fear caused by the people who wanted to kill her. She still went out there and put her motion forwards.

She knew the risks that were posed from the extremist and probably Musharraf's govermnet too, this wasnt the first attempt to kill her but she insisted on taking risks.

But she also knew that if she died, all hell would break loose and the Pakistani people would have even less chance of having a democratically elected government instead of the one they have now which is more or less a dictatorship. Theres a fine line between being brave and stupid and by letting her defenses down that little bit more she made put herself and consicuently the people's fight for fair elections at risk, which in my opinion was stupid.

And now some people are associating the violence, to their religion?! I'm disgusted, emotionally and physically, by the amount of disregard for a human life in this thread.
Just so you know, I dont have a "disregard" for human life, but we are constantly hearing about the justifications of the terrorist attacks, suicide bombings, kindannpings, beheadings, death-squads under Islamic religeon, and yes im well aware that a few clerics have said that there is no justification under Islamic Religeon for these acts and yet it carries on? Have we heard any of the heads of the Islamic religeon condemm the attacks? Not that i know of...so why not?

She knew the risks that were posed from the extremist and probably Musharraf's govermnet too, this wasnt the first attempt to kill her but she insisted on taking risks.

But she also knew that if she died, all hell would break loose and the Pakistani people would have even less chance of having a democratically elected government instead of the one they have now which is more or less a dictatorship. Theres a fine line between being brave and stupid and by letting her defenses down that little bit more she made put herself and consicuently the people's fight for fair elections at risk, which in my opinion was stupid.

My question is.. was it stupid that Martin Luther King Jr. constantly made public appearances, even when he knew he might die.. and then did? He stood up for what he believed in, and didn't hide.

Just so you know, I dont have a "disregard" for human life, but we are constantly hearing about the justifications of the terrorist attacks, suicide bombings, kindannpings, beheadings, death-squads under Islamic religeon, and yes im well aware that a few clerics have said that there is no justification under Islamic Religeon for these acts and yet it carries on? Have we heard any of the heads of the Islamic religeon condemm the attacks? Not that i know of...so why not?

Before you form an opinion, why not read the source? If you choose to not read the Qu'ran before forming such a strong opinion on the religion, then your falling to ignorant behavior.

We hear about these things, because thats how media is.. they won't tell us the good things, will they? Haven't you noticed that you always see stories of murder and celebrity cases on the news HERE? Does that mean we're all white trash?

No, that means media loves it.. they don't show cases where a strong mother raises children by herself for one reason or another.. that wouldn't be in the interest of the drama loving society.

Back
Top Bottom