2.1 Or 5.1?

NeciFiX

In Runtime
I had a topic about a new computer but I trashed the idea as I don't game much and the only people who need powerful computers like I was considering to get are NASA Workers, Enterprise companies and hardcore gamers, I am none of those.

I am looking at two sets, Logitech Z-2300's and Logitech Z-5500's, I know the wires on the 5500's are removable and the like but how long are they and such? My room doesn't have places to set them, I have space in front of my computer for 3 (on the left and right two speakers, center in front) and the other two...? Or am I going about it wrong, I've never really installed surround sound speaker sets. I want clarity and sound, is the Logitech Z-5500's worth the extra $$$? I have a good sound card, an M-Audio Revolution 7.1, it sucks for gaming but is GREAT for music playback and music in general. I also don't have room for tons of cords, so I think the Z-2300's are a better choice, but, are there better 2.1 sets? I already decided the Z-2300's over the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's but you can give your testimonies on them too but I'd appreciate some diversity.

Get the 2.1 system if you don't have the room for the rear speakers. I made the mistake of getting a 5.1 system, taking it home, and realizing that I couldn't wire the rear speakers right.

Indeed. I probably don't. I want a 2.1 System I think, should I get the Logitech Z-2300's, ProMedia 2.1's, or what? Creative fails in 2.1, they gave it up a long while ago by the looks of it.

yea but the Z-5500s are so much better than the 2.1 system, and digital.

Can you not comprehend I do not have room? I could mount them on my wall but that wouldn't be surround sound, the very back of the room is about 10 feet back. I doubt the cord is that long.

the very back of the room is about 10 feet back. I doubt the cord is that long.

don't own those speakers but at least on my 5.1 speakers the cord is something like 10 feet. And if it's too short you can just buy longer ones. Overall I really like 5.1, but if you can't find the space for them then why even bother asking?

So I'd recommend getting 5.1 speakers, it's worth it.

Can you not comprehend I do not have room? I could mount them on my wall but that wouldn't be surround sound, the very back of the room is about 10 feet back. I doubt the cord is that long.
i'd sugest you buy some extra wires, this is what i came up with for that product, its probaly about 10-20 bucks more for the wires, BUT will sound so so so so much better, i LOVE my 5.1 surround sound compared to the 2.1
hope this helps

The center and front speakers all come with 4.5m (15') of speaker cable. The rear speakers each have 7.5m (25'). If per chance any of these lengths are not long enough, you can easily extend them with composite cords which can be picked up at your local home theater or electronics store.

*edit* there just rca wires from what i see, so just buy the wire and the connector and you'll get good sound

i can say this, if you don't have a digital connection to your sound card, or a really good sound card, don't bother with the logitech Z-5500's.
They sound pretty crappy with analog connections.

Back
Top Bottom