start up problem.

killakobra

Baseband Member
just got my christmas gift today and after putting the comp together it fails to boot windows off my hard drive. specs are

q6600 quad 2.4 ghz

Abit IP35 pro mobo

2 gig OCZ reaper 800 mhz

EVGA 8800gts 512 mb

Antec 550 watt power supply.

keeps telling me it can't find the NTLDR file and has to restart. upon restart it won't get past mem check.

any ideas.

if its a hard drive that u used on a defferent computer recently then u'll have to reinstall windows because of a hardware change

it's not a new install but it is an ide drive. could that create problems? when i go to select a drive it won't let me select that one. 2k won't even work and it won't boot ubuntu from CD.

if it fails the memory check than your memory is bad, if you got it for x-mas than you need to contact the person you got it from to RMA it.

it's saying it's a SCSI drive in bios but it's not. and what doesn't make sence is that it doesn't mem stall on mem check until i restart. the drive has xp, 2k, and ubuntu on it.

i don't know if i can make it that far. i'm going to get a SATA drive tomorrow at SAMS and see if that will help. the ram problem could be in bios so i'll try an update. think that might help?

Back
Top Bottom