Extremely unsatisfied with Asus Striker Extreme

Ruiner

Solid State Member
So I built a Kentsfield 6600 with an Asus Striker Extreme. From what I had read online, it should have been a nasty combo, and overall, I can't complain about the performance, but I can complain about the motherboard.

The soundmax audio software that controls the audio card that comes with it, is stuff straight from windows 95, with no options, no adjustability, and worthless features. ( I'm extremely angry about the shared center channel with subwoofer out )

Is there a way to run Nvidia software on the Asus Striker Extreme like I had on my Asus A7N8X-Deluxe? That had a million options when it came to sound with the nvidia stuff, and just overall felt like I had better utilization of the hardware I had. ( I forget what the audio stuff is called from Nvidia )

Anyways, has anyone done anything different, or have you just accepted the cruddy audio stuff on the striker.

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated.

*Ahem* Thats how All Sound cards output to a subwoofer.....

My asus A7N8X - Deluxe doesn't. It has a separate subwoofer line.. So unless I missed the memo and that's how they all are now, are you sure?

Beyond this, what about the software. It's still garbage. Is it possible to get the nvidia stuff on there. I was real pleased with that.

if the sound chipset is the same you can most likely run the other software.
just give it a try

Heck my crappy Dell onboard audio has a separate line for the subwoofer, that's really nothing new. I also have a creative soundblaster Audigy with a separate subwoofer line. Lots of soundcards have them now.

Ok,i may be wrong there,but honestly what is wrong with a shared plug? The Center speaker and the subwoofer both get a different signal,the same as if they werent shared.

EDIT; Can someone get me a link or where it shows that the asus A7N8X and common soundcards have a seperate sub out?

I got the Asus Striker Extreme for my brothers build, and I am not satisifed with it. For the money, I believe I could have chosen something a lot better.

Ok,i may be wrong there,but honestly what is wrong with a shared plug? The Center speaker and the subwoofer both get a different signal,the same as if they werent shared.

EDIT; Can someone get me a link or where it shows that the asus A7N8X and common soundcards have a seperate sub out?

I don't know why you need proof. I'm staring at the back of my old computer right now and one is dedicated completely to the subwoofer.

I got the Asus Striker Extreme for my brothers build, and I am not satisifed with it. For the money, I believe I could have chosen something a lot better.

Seems to be the consensus amongst people I talk to, who have it.. I think I may sell it and switch.

Back
Top Bottom