SLI Video Card Help; PLEASE!

starwars120

Baseband Member
I recently bought another 6800 Ultra so I can use SLI with my existing one. Yes they are the exact same video cards; the only difference is the fan model. I have an Asus P5ND2-SLI board and I got the manual, followed all of the directions to the letter up until the point where it tells me to right click the nVidia icon in my taskbar and click on nView Properties. In the picture in the manual there are three options going from the "Desktop Management" tab and they are as follows from top to bottom:

nView Desktop Manager

nView Desktop Manager wizard

Display properties

I am supposed to click on Display Properties but my nView Desktop Manager doesn't have that button. So I just bypassed that and right clicked my desktop and clicked on properties then proceeded to follow the directions in my motherboard manual. I clicked on the settings tab and then clicked on Advanced. After that I clicked on the GeForce 6800 Ultra tab and in the manual it shows a picture of that very window with the option to enable SLI. All I see is this:

Looking for the NVIDIA Display Control Panel?

All of the NVIDIA control panels have been consolidated into a single application, the NVIDIA Control Panel. It can be launched from the Windows Control Panel or by right-clicking on the Windows desktop.

So, I have looked in the NVIDIA Control Panel and find nothing having to do with SLI. My NVIDIA Control Panel looks like this:

Please help as I would like the play COD 4 at some decent frame rates soon :p

Yes, I did connect the SLI bridge lol. I would hope that I would know enough about SLI to do at least that :p But anyways, after posting I spent a few hours doing the tedious work of uninstalling the drivers I had (Which were, and are, the latest ones out right now), put one video card in one PCI-E slot and installed an older version that was like the one that came with my computer, then put the other GPU in the other slot and reinstalled the drivers yet again. (Both times only having one card in) Then on about the third time or so I was able to boot with both cards in and SLI bridged up. It then asked me to enable SLI to which I breathed a sigh of relief lol.

Back
Top Bottom