Recommend a good PS3 Game and Blu Ray movies!

My Ps3 should is scheduled to be delivered on 1/2/08 and I want some input on some great titles and some goo blue ray movies I should look at getting. As far as a game I'm into Action/FPS and Racing games.

I was kind of thinking the new GT5 if its out yet I don't know. There's also a game i've been seeing on TV mainly on spike its like a Indiana Jones games almost from the previews. I know its not Indiana Jones but its a shooter were he is out in the jungle. The previews look bad ass anyone have it or know the name lol? Sure i'll catch it sometime but I figured I'd just ask.

As for a blu ray title I want to get at least one or 2 movies to see how the blue ray performs in full HD. Really I just want some movies that are going to really show off the 1080I/P but they still have to be a good movie. I was kind of thinking 300 since I don't have it on DVD yet. I'd get the Bourne Ultimatum but I already have it on regular DVD.

Assassin's Creed is pretty sweet...DiRT for a racing game. Maybe Resistance: Fall of Man for a shooter.

tranceformers bitch!
haha and the games called Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
its a great game
from the same people who brought u jack and dexter

Congrats on the PS3 purchase! Is it a 40GB, 60GB or 80GB model?

These are some games I recommend:

• Motorstorm - It's a fun racing game and is included with the 80GB anyway if that's the model you ordered.
  • DiRT is another great racing game. Great reviews, great graphics, lots of fun.
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3 exclusive) is awesome too. Graphics and the same witty humor from the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games.
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is easily one of the best games on the PS3. It's visually stunning and game play is there to match.
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion goes for like $30 now and you'll definitely get over a 100 hours of gameplay from it. There's so much to do.
That's all I can think of right now... if you got the 60/80GB with backwards compatibility, be sure to pick up a few classic PS2 games too.

I Highly recommend Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
I have it and so far it hasn't failed to give me the laughs and difficulty of the other Ratchet and Clank games.

So far I'm on I believe the 3rd level but its still got the old feel of the other games and plus in this one you find out ratchets past.

Moterstorm is really fun, expecially when you use the 6 axis controller to steer. Hard and yet funny. :p

Elder Scrolls is a game I love but my brother sold it. I say buy it.
Uncharted is preatty good, didn't play it yet but it looks good.

Bourne ultimatium is on blu ray and that - they made great use of surround sound on the regular dvd so the blu ray should be even better!

I knew I forgot one. I was thinking Assassin's Creed as a option as well. Thanks for the input so far guys.

Thanks for letting me know the title of that game ESA. I new in the previews the game looks great close to the level of crysis. Is it first person or 3rd person.

LOL i've already got every video suggested on DVD. Kinda sucks I bought all the new movies already and I hate to buy the same movie on blu ray format.

NeonFire I scored a discontinued 20gig model for $249 shipped to my door. I figured with the money I saved getting the 20gig i'll just use the money I saved to purchase a big ass hard drive. The 20gig is backwards compatable as well. Only the 40 gig isn't backwards compatible and the 60gig ps3's are no longer being sold. They were replaced by the 40/80gig models now.

What are the upgrade hard drive requirments anyways? Just a normal Sata drive or does it have to be like a notebook hd or something?

I don't know if that ratchet and clank would be something I'd like myself. Sorry if this post is kinda strung together but i'm leaving for work in a few minutes i'll check back in the am. Thanks for the responses so far!

Let me break it down has a fellow Ps3 owner and lover.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Assassians Creed
Ratchet and Clank
Motor Storm

Those will be my top pics.

Then, were looking at for movies-
The Simpsons Movie
Transformers
Planet Earth (if you're into that sort of thing)
Live Free or Die Hard
Underworld Evolution

Back
Top Bottom