What is the difference?

darkserpant

In Runtime
I am building a computer and they have a memory that is a 4gb ddr2-667mhz dual channel sdram and then thier is the memory 4gb ddr2-800mhz dual channel sdram. I am just wondering if the little money it costs for the upgrade is worth it an what does the jump in mhz does. Thanks

You'll probably find that the 667 will run at 800 anyway with a slight voltage increase if you check the specs.

What brand and model is the 667?

You guys are confusing me. I am a huge retard when it comes to computers. I am building a computer from the HP websight and I want to build something half decent so I don't have to upgrade for ahwile. I just wanted to know what the difference is in those two memory chips. Thanks

I personally don't think it is worth the $100 if you are building a computer with HP. Are you a big gamer or do big video editing or DVD ripping? If not, the 667 MHz should be fine.

The difference is the "speed" to be basic. If you have the money and want a computer that will last that bit more then get the 800MHz because if you can get the better one get it :)

It will help when it comes to gaming or very intensive programmes.

I wouldn't think it matters.

If he was into hard core stuff, he would know what to get himself, but he isn't so he wont know; nor will he need it for that much of a price jump.

Back
Top Bottom