Laptops......

Toshiba used to be on par with IBM back in the 90's. Now they're just decent.

Agreed. As for me, I have a Sony Vaio (VGN-FJ270). I love this thing. It's about a year old now, but it still has plenty of power to do normal computing stuff. The only thing is I can't play games, but I don't really play computer games anyway, and most laptops are not designed for games (though they are getting better). It came standard with 1GB RAM and 100GB hard drive (a year ago!). I use it for my everyday home computer which includes lots of internet and email, lots of video work, and lots of connecting it to my LCD TV to watch movies (works great!). Also, one of my favorite things is it's very portable and the battery lasts easily three hours with light use. And of course, the Sony design is super sexy. Naturally, price is a bit higher, but I think it's worth it. Customer service is great, too. Overall, I would highly recommend a Vaio. It will definitely be my next laptop whenever I decide to upgrade.

I really like the Vaio line. Most of their cases are made from a thick carbon material which is very durable and scratch resistant. I've had mine for two years, and it's still going good.

I personally own an Apple iBook and an older HP model consumer notebook.

The HP is ok build quality wise, but could be better for the weight. I held it by the corner too much and it formed a small crack over time. The iBook is more durable. I can hold it by 1 corner and there is less flex. I don't know that I would put it in a backpack full of books as people say though, press the back of the LCD and I see ripples, contrary to what I heard before I bought it.

Both are solid hardware quality wise overall. I regret not getting a faster HDD for my HP though, as it only has a 4200rpm drive. Kinda slow now.

For Apple, the Mac OS takes getting used to if you know Windows.

My HP does have a touchpad problem, some times it will randomly stop working, then lag for a bit before it works again. A known problem for my model.

I would buy another HP and Apple notebook if I buy any more.

If Dell notebooks now are anything like their desktops, in no way is Dell the same as an Apple.

I personally like acers. they are a nice quality computer, with good tech support if you should need it. I would put HP right after Acer.

Haven't needed tech support with my HP, but I know HP support in general is ok. Nothing great really, the guy help me with an HP printer problem and solved my problem before he knew he solved it... He typed in broken English. Probably from India. Dunno about Apple support.

when you buy an HP, the operating system comes LOADED with ads and free trials

but i've had good history with HP tech support. no indian ppl

apple computer support is pretty good too if you have warranty, they explain shit nicely, but if you dont have warranty, they just reject you flat out. assholes

i got mine from a website called

www.ibuypower.com

not the best...but not the worst gamin computers

alot of reviews on 3rd party websites rant about them, but the only problem i had with em was a late shipping.....

If you're going to game, then don't get a notebook. I can't see the logic behind spending thousands for a gaming notebooks only to have cheaper, more expandable desktop equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom