More than one router?

Yes. you can connect two.

Just run a cable from one router, and connect it to the other. Don't connect it in the WaN port, plug it into number 1.

or buy a repeater.
depends if you want the free and reliable, or convenient option

Can there be more than one modem and router in a house at one time? My current wireless router is at one end of the house, and I need the router on the other side, so if I cant I'm considering buying another modem. Thanks

One modem per phone line though

FYI if you use a second modem theres a good chance your provider is going to boost your monthly charge for having a second modem. Try and make do with one to save the $$$

Oops, I worded it wrong. I meant can I have 2 modems...oops. Anyway, I will be charged extra if I have 2 modems?

Oops, I worded it wrong. I meant can I have 2 modems...oops. Anyway, I will be charged extra if I have 2 modems?

Yes sir. You can ask your ISP, but I would bet the house on them saying they're going to charge you more. They would need to activate the 2nd modem; and they would either surprise you with it on your next bill, or explain that they need to charge you more for the second modem. Try and make do with one modem; with a repeater. Keep the receipt for the repeater though, results vary from house to house.

Yeah they will assign you two ips.

Why would you want two modems? Get a Router, or a switch

It's really frustrating. I already have a wireless router, except no adapter (this is for my 360). I can't use a cable, because my router is on the other side of the house, so it's tough trying to think up of a solution...

Get a big big big ethernet cable, drill a hole in the wall, run the cable over the roof, and into another hole in the other side of the house. All you need is a ladder and a drill. And an ethernet cable.

Back
Top Bottom