What OS should i buy to get the best out of my new system

xDrive

Baseband Member
My corrent OS is windows xp pro 32bit now my question is that i was reading my motherbaord manual and it told me that i need a 64bit os to preform more that 3gb of memory or i would have difficulties with the OS. Now im reading reviews about vistas 64 bit that has problem running 4gb of memory now what should i do I just want to get the best out of my system so here this is my new system im getting im just waiting for my video card is to arrive...

Mother board: ASUS crosshair

CPU & Fan: AMD Athlon 64x2 6400+, Zalma 9700

Memory: 4gb kinsgton value ram 667mhz 2/2gb

Video: XFX 8800 GT 512mb

Hard drive: westgate sataII 380gb

DVD LG light writer

Power: Thermaltake purepower rx 600w

:confused:

Why don't you just do a couple of "free trials" and see for yourself?

The only 64 bit alternative to Vista that is actually worth considering for compatibility reasons, "real-life application" etc. is XP X64. Even in that case there are limited drivers and stuff so just go with Vista.

What I would do if I were you is sell a gig or two of RAM. You don't necessarily need that much.

Yeah but like I said there's very limited drivers for that and it's more of a "pay-for beta" of Vista 64. My brother and I couldn't get a driver for his ATI tv tuner.

Well... I dunno. I'm not a fan of vista (Had some bad experience with it)

I'm happy with my XP Pro 32 bit, although it would be nice to get that 768MB of my RAM out.

I use xp pro 32bit with 4 gigs of ram, in windows it only sees 3.25 Gigs but it runs great, no problems, like others stated before you don't need more then 2 really.

I have Windows XP 64 bit and I only run into driver problems rarely, it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. If a program doesn't work, most times you can just right click and tell it to run in compatibility mode for XP. A lot of the 32 bit programs you use will probably work fine in 64 bit windows, its not like the OS can only run 64 bit programs.

If i buy xp64 bit now you think it be worth it until vista takes over if it does cause i heard a lot bad thing about it

Back
Top Bottom