Which one is better

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok im trying to get my computer to be able to play guitar hero 3 and it is supposed to have a intel pentium d 2.8GHz or an AMD Athlon 64 3500+

currently i am running an AMD Turion 64 mobile ML-34(1.8GHZ, 1 mb L2 cache, up to 1600MHz system bus)

i found this http://www.buy.com/prod/amd-athlon-...-512kb-l2-socket-754/q/loc/101/203947001.html

and i found this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819104240

now what im wondering is which one is better and if anyone knows of anything better (for a reasonable price) please post it up for me

ohh by the way its a 754 socket, whichs limits alot of searching

also please tell me if the one i linked up will be able to run GH3

Of the two, the Athlon 64 3200+ is a much better performing CPU. It has a larger cache and has a higher operating speed. It should run GHIII as it runs at the same speed as a 3500+.

I did find an Athlon 64 Mobile 3400+ 2.2GHz, 1MB L2 Cache socket 754 here at PriceGrabber, but I can't vouch for the reliability of the merchant.

the athlon should work comparatively, how much ram do you have? i installed GH3 on my comp but it lagged like crazy so i had to return it. id suggest at least 2g of ram for this. and what type of vid card are you running?

i have 1 gig right now but im also upgrading and getting it up to 2 gigs but ive never had a problem with any games until now and i play alot of online games, im not going to return it because i want it badly but i am going to get that cpu real soon... what about the semperon, i saw some good reviews on newegg about that one that i posted

Get, the 3200+ if you have to, but it's quite expensive for a pretty poor CPU because it's an outdated socket, but it will run GH3 fine.

ok well thanks for all the info, i just ordered an AMD Athlon 64 2.2GHz 512 cache off of ebay for $40 new

yeah i know i was really happy with it, just waiting for it now, it should be here in about a week

Back
Top Bottom