Problem When Installing My Operating System

cliffbong732

Solid State Member
Ok i just finished building my new computer. This is the first computer that I have built. My problem is when I started to install my operating system, about 10 minutes in I keep recieving this message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

Technical Information:
***Stop: 0x0000002B (0xF78D2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have already checked the connections many times, and made sure that the hard drive is set to Master. I dont know how to run CHKDSK /F. Also when I went into the BIOS I saw that the Hard Drive has been detected. It listed all the info about it. Please help me out. Also here is the hardware in the computer-

Motherboard-I945PA-PLF 945P LGA775 MAX-4GB CPNT
CPU-Intel Pentium® 4 775pin PLGA
RAM-1GB DDR2-667MHz PC2-5300
RAM- 1GB (2 x 512MB)
Power Supply- 650W ATX Power
Video Card- Geforce 6800XT
Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar 250.0GB Internal Hard Drive

Thank You

to chkdsk you have to have your windows xp boot disk and then go through the repair option...also check on your hard drive physically and make sure on of the pins aren't bent

Back
Top Bottom