Operating System not found

josesaucedo

Solid State Member
Hi friends! Can anybody help me out to resolve a problem that I have with my loptop?
Couple of weeks ago I was using my loptop, then lifted it up and a weird sound came from it. After an hour it shuted down by itself and since then I have not been able to uset.
When I turn it on, A black screen opens only and a massege saying " Operating System not found". no matter how many time I turn it off and back on, the same massege comes on.
Any help would be well appreciated.

Thanks.

Lets start with something simple, do you have any floppies in your computer or any CD's in the CD drive?

Thanks for responding to my message.
To answer to your question, No it does not have any CD or floppy disk in the drives.
Everything started when lifted the computer to look for the serial number on the bottom of it. When I did so, the computer was running, then the weird sound came from it. For me it seemed like it came from the hard drive. It sounded like when you run a disk in the drive, and it sounded just for for couple of seconds. when I called the warranty company for help, they suggest me to press F8 at the time to starting up or when the screen was all black before anything else showed up and it work, but later it shuted down again. After that I tried to restart it again and again with F8, but I was not successful.
Then I called the warranty company again and they told me that I have to run the Sysytem recovery Disk, but they told me that I firts needed to save all the files that I had installed in my computer like programs, pictures, etc...; and that was something that they were not be able to help me.
So thats what happened.

thanks Again.

Can anybody tell me how to save files, pictures, installed programs, etc.., before running application recovery CD?
The operating system is lost and I need to save or backup the files and programs that I have installed in the hard drive.
Thanks.

You need to boot into your Operating System to back up, now you say you can't even boot to safe mode (F8) anymore. I doubt you'll be able to recover anything because I believe your hard drive has died.

Is the hdd recognised in the bios?

definitely sounds like there is something wrong with the hdd.
You could try plugging the hdd into another computer so you don't have to boot from this hdd. If you are lucky you can access it that way.

ok if the hdd is coming up in the bios then that is good.
obviously its not as easy to open a laptop and have a look at the hdd cable, so i would use the recovery disk and see how you get on. there might be an option to repair the install depending on what make the laptop is

Ok heres a great explanation..

Put in the Windows XP Cd and let it boot from there if it doesnot boot then reboot and click F4 repeatidly.... until u get a window allowing you to chose a boot device... select your cd-rom then let the cd run and when its ready for input do this:

ENTER-F8- then it will search for your Operating System If it says Windows XP... then select R for repair and let the cd repair your partition with the Operating System on the HDD.

If that doesn't work try booting your hardrive into another computer with the same brand.

Back
Top Bottom