Hey I figured I'd ask a quick question about these. The 20 gig model has HDMI support right?

I know there discontinued but I really don't care I should be able to pick one up pretty cheap. What are the main differences. I've been googling around and see the 20gig doesn't support Wi Fi which I don't need and it doesn't have a flash card reader which I also don't need. I figured I'd confirm about HDMI though because some sources say no and some say yes.

It still has the Blue Ray player right? And will it or won't it play ps2 games? I shouldn't need a large HD for it since I can't download demo games. Is there anything else the PS3 would be used for. Anything else i'm missing or should be aware of?

im pretty sure it does not support HDMI , thoe im not 100%
but i do know that it doesn't have very good compatibility with ps2 games
edit: they do support HDMI, sony added it so maby some of the first 20gb ones dont but the later ones do

Well i've got the high bid right now. I'm not going any higher though. I just wanted to make sure the info isn't actually 60 gig info on a 20gig model typo. I guess if I win and it doesn't have a HDMI input I'll just return it.

PS3 system (20 GB HDD):
Dimensions: Approximately 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)
CPU: Cell Broadband Engine
GPU: RSX
Main Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM
Embedded VRAM: 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
Hard Drive Disk: 2.5 Serial ATA (20 GB HDD)
Main Input/Output: USB 2.0 (x4
Ethernet: 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T
Bluetooth: 2.0 (EDR), Wireless Controller (up to 7)
Screen Size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out (x1/HDMI)
Analog: AV MUTLI OUT x1
Digital Audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL x1)
Disc Drive: Blu-ray/DVD/CD (read-only)

well i wouldnt buy a ps3 without hdmi , if i get one i would wont to play it on my 50'' tv .

I beleive all the PS3's have HDMI support, so I wouldn't worry about that

Alright thanks for the input guys. Auctions got less than 2 hours to go and i'm the high bid still. Part of me wants to win the other part doesn't. If I do cool I got my ps3 if I lose I didn't spend anything lol. Just couldn't resist putting a bid in.

Edit: Woot got the high bid. I figured it would go up a bit higher but i'm happy with the final price!

Wonps3.jpg

i love how you can change the ps3 harddrive with any laptop harddrive =D 1 of my fav features, unlike microsofts 120 gig for like 200 or what ever it is =D

Back
Top Bottom