Car Stereo in Computer

heres the size difference.. i happen to have an extra unit sittin in my closet

100_0911.jpg

i doubt that'll work unless u can find a smaller one..

Cool. I would give you rep for doing that and taking the picture, its helpful.

But I cant. Next time I can I will.

i have to scrap the idea, car stereos dont have the proper hookups :(

Why? CD player is hooked up to a 12v just like your psu. Its got the speaker connections, and with minimal effort you could figure out the other wires like the light, remote turn on etc.

it has wierd inputs, it kinda looks like the 20-24 Mobo connector... i'll try and get a pic of the back...

thanks arrizX.. like Juice said u can always mod the stuff... but that would be hella hard to get it to still look like an actuall car stereo... BTW if u do get this to work... u gotta walk me throuhg it.. cuz just picturing it in my head, it looks pretty tight..

if you're going to do audio at a lan party you need some power and that requires some decent sized speakers. heat is already a problem with computer cases and sticking an amp inside the box is not a good idea. i'd suggest taking an old case and building your sterio in it. especially if you took one of those dell cases that lay down(that way you can mod it to hold the head unit without it looking odd) and you could also fit a fair sized amp in there and not damage you comp. there is no real way to get around having to bring a seperate reciever if you're wanting quality audio. hope this helped.

if you're going to do audio at a lan party you need some power and that requires some decent sized speakers. heat is already a problem with computer cases and sticking an amp inside the box is not a good idea. i'd suggest taking an old case and building your sterio in it. especially if you took one of those dell cases that lay down(that way you can mod it to hold the head unit without it looking odd) and you could also fit a fair sized amp in there and not damage you comp. there is no real way to get around having to bring a seperate reciever if you're wanting quality audio. hope this helped.

hes got a point about the heat factor...

A really mad idea. But I like it.:)

Don't worry about how to fit it for now. By the look of the snap shot the unit will fit with a little modding of the case. Think about the power it requires and the connectivity, both power and connections to the sound card. As far as I know you can connect the audio, digital/analogue, from CD drives to 'audio in' connections both on the mobo and sound cards. So as long as the head unit has pre outs you'll be able to use these. For in computer power amplification you'd have to connect the output from the sound card to the input of the head unit for the output to appear at the speaker plugs on the back plate. Now if the head unit has power amplification then your gonna need a hefty power supply. These units can draw in excess of 20 Amps from a 13 Volt power supply. I'd recommend keeping the power supply to the Head unit and the computer completely separate.

The Power Amp idea is the way i'd go personally. Although both are really cool ideas.

Heat? Well there's plenty cooling options out there.

This will be interesting....

Back
Top Bottom