what is the reason that athiests celebrate christmas?

My purely personal opinion is that they shouldn't, & if they join a Christmas party, they should, as soon as they arrive, make sure there are no people that know they are atheists, if there are, leave as soon as it it possible.

Thanks Brook...

Most of my family believe in it though, which is why I carry it out too, but to me, its not all about religion. Not anymore. I stopped believing that...
My mind questions too much to ever believe that, without proof. I'm not even sure if I'm an Athiest... I just can't believe without proof. What does that make me?

Basically Agnostic, but it's not such a nice label, I'd say intelligent, haha.

yeah my family never had Christmas for religious reasons, you don't really have a choice when you're like 5 years old because it's just something you grew up with. Christmas, or Xmas is still an excuse to see your family, although I'm an arrogant atheist today I got no problem with Christmas.

Sorry about my earlier posts in this thread, it was a bad idea to have a bit of a late night and I was in a bad mood today, hope you guys had a good Christmas.

yeah sorry I didn't reply to your PM, Troy. I had to go out for a few hours and left the window and my PC on lol replying now.

10mins later, I forgot lmao sorry off topic.

My purely personal opinion is that they shouldn't, & if they join a Christmas party, they should, as soon as they arrive, make sure there are no people that know they are atheists, if there are, leave as soon as it it possible.

Eh I have to disagree. They simply celebrate it for a different reason, which is what a lot of religions do.

I would too, we have the right to be anywhere, Christmas as stated is a commercial holiday, bet ya if you ask kids, 95% of them have no idea it had anything to do with religion.

I would too, we have the right to be anywhere, Christmas as stated is a commercial holiday, bet ya if you ask kids, 95% of them have no idea it had anything to do with religion.

Yeah, to them it's all about santa clause.

I disagree too. Thats kind of hypocritical. If that is the case, I think IMO that Christians should do the same and hide the fact that they are Christian at certain events and activies. The Holidays (Notice I didn't say "Christmas") is for people to be jolly and be with family and friends. Its hardly a religious tradition anymore, except for many the church going folk.

Back
Top Bottom