what is the reason that athiests celebrate christmas?

The ones that "stand out" aren't necessarily the ones that you want to meet and converse with, I would say.

The ones that "stand out" aren't necessarily the ones that you want to meet and converse with, I would say.

I have a few friends who are Christian, but they mostly keep their religion to themselves and their family. Thats the way I like it.

Then I meet people who harass me for not being a Christian like them. The ones who act superior over other people.

For example, a new family moved into our neighborhood, a lady from a christian family comes by, greets them. She finds out their morman. She just walks off, spewing something about them going to hell. (gee, living in utah, wonder how she didn't see that coming.)

That, is ignorance.

But not to say that only Christians do this.

I'm morman, and I know a lot of morman people who are pure assholes who think their pure as a driven snow.

I do agree with your stance on this, but I must say.. I have met many Christians that I don't like. (Note, it is them, not their religion. I am neutral on what people decide to believe in. Thats their own business.)

Thank you.

I'm not even Christian.. I'm baptized as a Catholic, but I don't follow any religion traditionally. I have beliefs that I've almost derived myself, and I believe God loves me because I am a good person.

All people of all religions have potential to be ignorant, mean, or otherwise. People are people.. Caucasian, African-American, Asian.. we're all the same. We are human beings, one race, living in one world.

Acceptance is key.

Thank you.

I'm not even Christian.. I'm baptized as a Catholic, but I don't follow any religion traditionally. I have beliefs that I've almost derived myself, and I believe God loves me because I am a good person.

All people of all religions have potential to be ignorant, mean, or otherwise. People are people.. Caucasian, African-American, Asian.. we're all the same. We are human beings, one race, living in one world.

Acceptance is key.

Good outlook on things.

I'm agnostic myself, though my family is morman. I don't follow the religion.

I'm myself. I don't consider myself a bad person, and I don't do anything to make other people's lives miserable. If theres a 'god' out there, that should be good enough for him.

And if there isn't a god.. well.. not like I'll know otherwise when I'm dead.
So I say take life as it comes, and quit worrying about whether your going to heaven or hell.
Act by your own feelings, and if they follow that of a religion, thats fine.

I'm sick of the damn generalizations of religions. Not all Christians are ignorant. I'm a Christian, and have been my whole life. The ones you tend to hate are the extreme right wingers who believe every day should be about prayer and that anything not having to do with god is a sin. I'm nothing like that, religion is a private matter and should stay that way.
I'm not a super religious person, but I celebrate Christmas for the birth of christ although I don't go to church (who says I need go to church to believe in god?), and to be with family and yes the presents are a nice touch I'll admit that.
I've met tons of people I don't like, it's not because of their religion or anything like that, it's because they're jerks. I think calling christians ignorant shows true ignorance. It shows narrow mindedness and unwillingness to accept other religions. Also in my opinion, it's pretty low to call a group of people ignorant. Whether or not people follow a religion is their choice. You have a choice not to follow a religion and I have a choice to follow one although I don't very closely follow one.

I myself am not ignorant, do you even know what ignorant means? Dictionary.com defines 'ignorant' as: lacking in knowledge, uninformed, unaware. I may be arrogant but I am the very opposite of ignorant, thankyou.

I did alot of reading into the Bible and research about The Book of Revelations & Apocalypse as a Christian a couple years ago but then once I read The Da Vinci Code and moved onto Zeitgeist the documentary, I sought the truth.

Christianity supports blind submission to authority, it reduces human responsibility to the effect that 'God' controls everything and in turn, awful crimes can be justified in the name of a divine pursuit and most importantly, it empowers those who know the truth but use the myth to manipulate and control societies. The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.

"Religion can never reform mankind because Religion is slavery." - Robert G. Ingersoll.

Are you kidding me, Santa Claus = Christian? Wasn't he just a marketing icon invented by Coca Cola decades ago? I am also pretty sure that decorating a Christmas tree started in Germany in the 16th century too, a bit late to be a Christian tradition.

Christians are so ignorant, call me arrogant but the date of Christmas is completely astrological and Jesus is nothing but a personification of the sun. Open your eyes, why do you think prophets like Horus of Egypt, Attis of Greece, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia and many others that share the same attributes - a virgin birth on December 25th, Dead for 3 days before the inevitable resurrection and the 12 disciples or followers.

The 'Star in the East' is Sirius which on December 24th, aligns with the three brightest stars on Orion's Belt and these stars are called today what they were called in ancient times, 'the three kings'. Sirius and the three kings on December 25th then point to the sunrise, this is why the three kings 'follow' the star in the East in order to locate the sunrise - the birth of the sun!

santa claus was originally st nicholas, who was a person who gave presents to children a long time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Nicholas

I myself am not ignorant, do you even know what ignorant means? Dictionary.com defines 'ignorant' as: lacking in knowledge, uninformed, unaware. I may be arrogant but I am the very opposite of ignorant, thankyou.

I did alot of reading into the Bible and research about The Book of Revelations & Apocalypse as a Christian a couple years ago but then once I read The Da Vinci Code and moved onto Zeitgeist the documentary, I sought the truth.

Christianity supports blind submission to authority, it reduces human responsibility to the effect that 'God' controls everything and in turn, awful crimes can be justified in the name of a divine pursuit and most importantly, it empowers those who know the truth but use the myth to manipulate and control societies. The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.

"Religion can never reform mankind because Religion is slavery." - Robert G. Ingersoll.

can u like not dis member's religion here?!
state over religion!
and thinking that you are not ignorant, doesnt that make u ignorant?

what is the reason that athiests celebrate christmas?

The same reason christians or anyone else does. To be close to family and enjoy those wonderful gifts. Don't quarintine Athiests and seclude them from traditions. The holidays are for anyone and everyone to enjoy.

Happy Holidays to all!

Back
Top Bottom