Disappointed with multiplayer...

Thrasher

Daemon Poster
I was playing Xbox 360 with my brother today trying out Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 for the first time and I was pretty disappointed with the multiplayer. The games aren't mine and I'm sure the storyline play kicks ass but when we realized multiplayer didn't involve bots, we were getting sick of the 1 vs 1 all the time. Do both games have no computer generated enemies to play against?

We could try Xbox Live but it would be a pain in the ass to move the console to the other side of the house and back again because our modem is near the main TV which he probably couldn't use for long periods of time. I'm new to both games so did I miss anything? I browsed the settings for like 20mins, couldn't find anything.

Halo 3 is meant for 8+ multiplayer over Live or like LAN hookups, unless you play co-op. That's what it's there for.

Pretty much. Bots aren't really put into games anymore, since most people play online now.

Hmm fair enough, I guess with all this technical gameplay, bots probably couldn't keep up, I could try a LAN. Are the original Xbox controllers compatible with the 360?

Not that I know of. They are basically USB, with a modified harness, but I don't know if you can retrofit them. My assumption is no.

Well - with halo, you can have two local players, and be playing on live at the same time, which is full of win.

i love bots, its relaxing, when i play online i can get mad over dying in CSS, although this is because i have to wait to play :p also some poeple dont have good enough internet connections, or there gaming PC doesnt have internet.

if you have a decent PC than pickup UT3 its one of the few games that still have bots in them.

yeah we have broadband so I think we'll have to cough up the cash for a wireless adapter for it which shouldn't be too bad. We played Halo 3 co-op seeing it's the closest we could get to multiplayer gameplay and it's his new console so I shouldn't exactly be playing it myself but this means when I finally get a nice PC sometime in 2008 I'm gonna have to let him play Crysis and that cause I've played his games... dammit haha.

after playing 2 hours of COD4 multiplayer on the PC i love this game. much easier than COD2\COD3 to get kills, and noob can join and do OK. one thing i love is you dont have to setup a fancy profile and login\password to play. you just click join server and refresh the list and you can hop right in :)

I love COD4 too, but thanks to the latest patch server pings show up ridiculously high unless I add them to my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom