directx Question

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
It a video card has directx ten does that mean that it can only run with vista? so if the system was xp the card wouldnt work?

Your GPU having dx10 just means that it will be able to run dx10 compatible products (such as vista) more smoothly.

Games that have dx10 will look better with your card than with a non-dx10 card, but you will be able to run dx9 games just as well.

i think i get it now...i was just reading the info on the windows website about dX10 and how it works. then they compared two pics of 10 and 9 one from crysis and the other from the first halo a game that came out 6 years prior to compare graphics.

well my parents are upgrading me for my bday and im not looking to spend a lot of money. with a new mobo, cpu, ram, and video card id like to keep it under 325 but leave room for upgradability down the road. so a card under 150 wouldnt be that bad, I'm not a hardcore gamer but id like to have the option to play some newer games with no lag

also is pci-e 2.0 different from pci-e x16 like socket wise? how do i tell if a mobo will run pci-e 2.0? like i found and Asus that says nothing about it on newegg but people say it runs it and i found it on the website for Asus

Back
Top Bottom