ahh, I have a problem

dewzer

Beta member
I have a dell dimention b110.
smoething has changed.
One:
When I click on the start button and I see in the upper right section.
My documents.
my pictures.
my music.
my computer.
and where pictures is, it used to be "my samples"
How do I get that back?
Second problem is:
when I click on "my documents" there used to be a set of stuff that was on the left hand side of the page that said.
File and folder tasks.
make a new folder.
publish to the web.
share folder.
move to folder.
Other places.
and so on.
How do i get that back as well.
And also, when I click on control panel the page that opens has all the icons showing with discriptions of what they are.
It used to just have about 6 different things to click on, like security, mouse, performance etc.
any ideas what I did ?
I am by far a comp. wizz but I must have done something to change whatever.
any help will be greatly appreateated

this is only happening on my user name and not the other users.
they both work just fine.
Just thought I would add that for infromation.

Delete your user account (unless it is the original administrator account)

lol dont format.
this will sort it all except the sample pictures bit. i dont get what you mean there?
note: do the tools>folder options thing first

71f5m4x.jpg

I can not click on ( show common tasks in folder ) it wont let me.
I tryed restoring to factory settings as well and no go.
I also did a disc check and it stops and says the disc check can not be completed. this was the area where you go to disc c in "my computer", click on properties then tools then" scann for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"
it will not compleet this task eather.
I screwed something up bad didnt I.

ok right click my computer, go to properties, then advanced, then performance, and make sure everything is ticked. then try again

Ok, did that. Here is what I am figuaring. I can not change out of clasic veiw in doc's or the control pannell.
No matter how I go about it.
the option to go to ( show common tasks in folder) is right there and I can not click on it.
I restore default, It puts the black dod in the option show common tasks but the wording is hazey, not sharp black. I click apply , and right back to show clasic veiw.
What would keep me from changing this option?
On the other users name, I can click on control pannell and on the left the option to go to clasic veiw is there. and if I use it, I can also change it right back because the option is there in that task bar.
On my user name the option is not even there to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom